The East Lancs Hospice was the first palliative care centre in East Lancashire and now serves Blackburn, Darwen, Hyndburn and the Ribble Valley.
Our brief was to design the interior of the orangery and achieve an ambience that:
- Creates an environment for patients , patient’s families ,visitors and employees that maximises opportunities for therapeutic and social interaction.
- Provides a setting that is a part of the service itself, helping to create a memorable experience and contributing to the creation of a therapeutic environment.
And is a:
- Flexible space that allows for individual and group engagement, fundraising events and celebrations for patients
- An environment that will provide a sense of living order for patients and families whose life’s are out of balance
- An environment that brings people together and is associated with wellbeing and normality – not hospitals and ill health
- Informal modern café area, which draws people to want to sit and take their time over a chat and a coffee.
- An area that is flexible for small or large groups – for discussions/presentations
These are some images of where we are with the project in Nov 2018 and the launch of the facility is in Feb 2019